K3 has grown steadily both organically and by acquisition since coming to market in 2001. Listed below is a summary of the major corporate events since 2001.
All corporate acquisitions or disposals are made against a clear roadmap and are judged in relation to the Group’s existing business model and objectives.
In pursuing our strategy, we have completed a number of acquisitions to create what is today a major ERP system and service provider to the retail, manufacturing and distribution sectors.
- Business reversed onto AIM.
|2001 – 2007
- Acquired five businesses providing maintenance bases and key software distribution agreements with Microsoft and Syspro in the UK retail and manufacturing markets.
||Included three major acquisitions:
- Acquired McGuffie Brunton Ltd (“MBL”) to make K3 the exclusive distributor of SYSPRO in UK;
- Acquired Landsteinar Nederland B.V. (“Landsteinar”) – essentially the sister company to our UK Microsoft Dynamics NAV software business. The acquisition expanded the K3 presence into Europe, the Middle East, the Far East and Australasia;
- Acquired Index Computer Systems Limited and with it the distribution rights to Microsoft Dynamics AX and complementary modules to support food and process manufacturing.
- Acquired DigiMIS Limited and with it cloud computing services. It provides us with hosting capabilities which significantly enhances our managed services offering and enables K3 to move into other product areas;
- Acquired the trade and certain assets of Pebblestone Netherlands which is a leading European provider of Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions for the fashion industry. The business has been integrated with our existing Dutch retail solutions business.
- Acquired the IP and international sales channel and customers from the Pebblestone Group, thereby strengthening our presence in Europe and adding to our growing library of IP.
- Panacea – A major Sage supplier with a significant Managed Services base and a small number of Dynamics NAV contracts;
- FDS Sage 200 – Purchased from Fifth Dimension Systems Limited, focused primarily on the Sage 200 product;
- Sense Enterprise Solutions – a provider of Microsoft Dynamics AX into similar markets to K3, with a significant maintenance base; and
- Clarita Solutions Limited – a competitor in the Retail and Distribution markets selling Microsoft Dynamics NAV solutions.
The five significant acquisitions were:
- Azurri Retail – providing additional maintenance income in the Retail sector; and
- FD Systems Limited – Sage Enterprise and E Commerce system provider with a significant maintenance base.
- Unisoft – a leading provider of retail point of sale solutions in Holland and Scandinavia.
- RSG – one of the leading providers of Microsoft Dynamics ‘RMS’ to retailers in the UK and Ireland, brings us a software suite more suitable for smaller retailers
- IBS – A business with a substantial maintenance base
|2013 – 2014
- We concentrated on developing and investing in out own IP rather than acquisitions
- RTL – A Microsoft Dynamics based EPOS provider to smaller retailers (acquired July 2014)
The acquisitions are in line with K3’s strategy to build recurring revenues and acquire profitable user bases with significant cross-selling opportunities, in particular for its hosting and managed services offering.