The pandemic has forced many changes in consumer behaviour and now customers are desperate for more payment options – and that isn’t just in relation to eCommerce.
Customers want to pay however they want, wherever they want, and whenever they want. Not having the right options and simplicity in payments is now the difference between keeping a customer and losing out to your competitors.
Join our panel of experts to discuss the exciting new developments in how payments not only pave the way for better customer experience, but also lay the foundations for a whole host of other elements within the retail and marketing landscape.
We’ll explore the fundamental payment options that are needed today in order to meet the expectation of customers in any channel. We will address new payment technologies and experiences from both business and consumer perspectives. We’ll also be deep diving into the future applications of new and emerging fintech solutions alongside what the implications are for retailers and consumers alike. Finally, we will also reflect on some of the biggest challenges with payments and what the barriers to adoption are for these new technologies.
Join the conversation with our panel of payments experts including:
- Andy Howell, Marketing Director at K3 and host of the event
- Eddie Robb, Commercial Director at Zumo, a bitcoin and ether wallet
- David Carman, Founder of O B Payments
- Gareth Hughes, Executive Director – Retail IT EMEA at Estee Lauder
Here’s a taster of the burgeoning topics we’ll be dissecting:
- Consumer behaviour changes and approaches to payments – what are the most significant developments in consumer expectations and has the pandemic really changed anything?
- Retailers approaches to payments and opportunities – do retailers understand the opportunities that come from building the right payment provision and what it means for their customers?
- Loyalty and customer insights through payments – how can we create better buying and customer experiences through payments data?
- Operational opportunities from properly connected payment provision – returns, refunds, cross-channel tokenisation, customer service and customer intimacy
- Crypto represents a future – should all retailers be looking at crypto/blockchain now?
Andrew Howell, Marketing Director at K3, has a wealth of experience and success from within the fintech and retail technology space. Having developed and taken to market bleeding edge technologies over the last decade in both commercial and marketing leadership roles, Andrew brings a dynamic, customer-centric, data-driven and highly creative approach to marketing. Previous clients include PepsiCo, Nestle, Bayer and Vodafone to name but a few.
LinkedIn: Andrew Howell
Zumo’s Commercial Director Eddie Robb is no stranger to the world of fintech and cryptocurrencies. With a passion for using new technology to make payment systems simpler, Eddie founded a bookings and payment fintech company at the age of 24, built a team of 15 and raised over £1.5M, leading to him winning 2017’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Edinburgh. Eddie joined the Zumo team in the Summer of 2020 with the view of making it easier for businesses to deliver better payment experiences using digital currencies. His long-term goal is working to empower developing nations with digital currencies so that they can benefit from them as soon as possible. Partnering with other businesses and fintech’s will help Zumo to have a more positive impact on the world quicker, placing the Zumo brand at the forefront of the next wave of fintech.
LinkedIn: Eddie Robb
David has 20 years of experience and knowledge in the payments sector. He founded O B Payments, which operates in the UK, Europe and North America, as an open banking platform that distinguishes itself from conventional payment providers. O B Pay’s platform is leading the new open banking era spawned by the likes of PDS2 and other international initiatives. Its payment solutions are offered in a 360 model and incorporates anything from EMV, integrated POS, and faster payments through to open banking and direct debits.
LinkedIn: David Carman
Gareth runs the end-to-end for Retail IT at Estee Lauder in EMEA with technology deployment at more than 2,000 locations across 20 countries. His focus is on supporting the continued growth of the business through technology, especially in relation innovation and automation. Before joining Estee Lauder in 2016, Gareth held roles at other retail organisations including Cath Kidston and Specsavers. He is an experienced IT professional with more than 20 years’ experience in a variety of sectors covering corporate, retail and supply chain functions.
LinkedIn: Gareth Hughes